原作者：Hagen Weiss 编译：Victoria Liu
Warren Buffet famously said:
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. Remember that and you’ll do things differently.
It’s human nature to remember the one thing that went wrong, rather than the many things that went right. Your company reputation matters.
That’s why it’s so important for your company to focus on reputation management. Whether it’s handling negative reviews, monitoring feedback, or corresponding with your customers, here are some reputation management strategies you should be aware of.
1. Become an Authority in Your Space
One of the best ways to manage your reputation is to be well-respected in the industry. If customers know you as an authority in your space, occasional negative comments will have less of an impact on your reputation.
Becoming an authority acts as a preventive measure to online attacks. The more of an authority you are in your space, the easier it will be to manage your reputation.
2. Keep a Pulse on What Others are Saying
Nowadays, multiple online platforms allow customers to air their thoughts on your product – positive or negative. As a gaming company, you need to be proactive in monitoring what others are saying.
Social media monitoring allows you to do two things:
- Gives you an idea of which comments to respond to. Not all feedback requires a response. A minor, one-off complaint does not warrant a response compared to someone who is really upset with your service.
- Gives you valuable feedback on what to improve. Monitoring what is being said online can give you unsolicited feedback on where you can improve. If more than one person is saying the same thing, you’ll know this is an area where you can better tailor your product to your customers.
3. Acknowledge Mistakes on Reputation Management
If there was a genuine error on your part, own up to it. Thank your customer for their feedback. Then, acknowledge their dissatisfaction to reassure them that you care. Apologize to your customer and always respond in a polite and professional manner.
4. Respond Accordingly
It’s not enough to simply acknowledge and apologize. You need to take action. Always let your customer know what your next steps are to remedy the situation. Whether it’s a refund, store credits, or procedural changes, follow-up with a solution.
5. Encourage Positive Reviews for Reputation Management
Poor reviews have other impacts, besides from customer satisfaction. According to Google, poor reviews can also lead to SEO penalties.
What’s the best way to deal with negative reviews? Outweigh them with positive reviews. Encourage customers to leave positive reviews through your app, email newsletters, social media platforms, etc. Essentially anywhere you can remind your users to leave a review (without being annoying!), do so.
Give your users incentives to leave a review (i.e. giveaways, in-store credit, etc.). Finally, don’t forget to thank your reviewers whenever they do leave a positive review.
iGlobe: Localization and Translation Agency
iGlobe can help you skyrocket your reputation on the internet and beyond for your mobile games. If you’re looking for an experienced team of marketing experts for your next gaming project, contact us today!