Depending on how Users/Members use the Website, we may ask Users/Members to share personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) with us. Whether Users choose to share their Personal Information is completely up to Users, but Users must keep in mind that they may not be able to access some of the areas of the Website as effectively and fully use the services we offer on the Website without sharing adequate Personal Information. Personal information will be used for only those purposes to which the individual has consented with the following exceptions, as permitted under PIPEDA. Personal Information includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the Users. If you send us information about another person, you ensure that it is accurate and in good faith. Below are some of the situations wherein Users Personal Information is collected:
- Account Information. Users may register on Website and share their standard contact information. If you register on iGlobe.ca you will also be asked to allow us to collect your location information from your device when you use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address verification and telephone number; other kind of identifying information. If you chat with other users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us at our customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication. iGlobe.ca does not knowingly stores or saves any kind of personal information you share with other Users.
- We may collect Users/Members email address to send them account confirmations, notifications for alerts, and to provide services to Users in connection with the Website. Subject to Users consent, we may also send to Users promotional emails, such as monthly newsletters regarding the properties and new service offerings;
- We also collect Users Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as addressing account and billing issues, troubleshooting Website issues, investigating abuse on the Website, responding to User inquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms of Service.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide us:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify about changes of our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
iGlobe uses IP addresses for systems administration purposes. IP addresses are not used to track a User’s session. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our Website are visited and the city in which the User is located. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
We do not share, sell or buy personal information. We may share the Personal Information we collect, only with User’s consent. The information submitted by users is used only for internal purposes and to provide quality customer service.
However, we may release Personal Information or other information we collect, if we believe that such action is necessary to: (I) comply with legal requirements and processes; (II) identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who are or we believe have caused or might cause injury to us or a third party; (III) defend or respond to claims brought or threatened against us, our employees, service providers, users of our Services or others; or (IV) otherwise to protect, assert rights, interests of iGlobe and of our employees, service providers, Users of the Services or others. Any such release decisions may be made by us in our sole discretion.
In addition, since member information on our Website is a business asset, in case we are reorganized or sold to or merged with another company, we may sell, assign, or transfer your personal information to a purchaser all or substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as applicable.
We collect information via cookies and other similar technologies (such as web beacons). Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any Website. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use. Your browser sends these cookies back to the Website every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your Website experience.
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our Website and on other Websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable non-essential types of cookies.
Our Website may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Website, and to improve Website performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our Website. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings. If the Cookies are sent from third parties e.g. social networking Websites, iGlobe shall not be liable.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that disabling this function may impact your use and enjoyment of this Website, as declining cookies, certain functionalities of our Website may not be available to you
Opting Out or Unsubscribing
You may opt out of certain collections of cookies or other web- or mobile device based enhancements, by changing your browser settings or going into your preferences on your mobile device and restricting the transmission of certain information. Your limitation of the collection of this information, however, may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant services
To unsubscribe from our emails or other communication from us, you may follow the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or sign onto your account and change settings, where applicable.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
iGlobe is based in Canada, and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the Canada or other countries. Note that the laws, regulations, and standards of the country in which this information is stored may be different from your own country. By using our Services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the Canada and other countries.
This website may link to, or be linked to, other websites not maintained by us. iGlobe Website is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites, including any linked or linking websites. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such websites before disclosing your personal information to them.
This policy may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page.